Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Social Networking in Schools

Here is an interesting article (actually a discussion) of the use of social networking sites in schools. It was moderated by the National School Board Association. I find this very interesting. I am a firm believer in the use of new tools in curriculum. I understand the risks, however there are risks with everything and in my opinion the benefits far out way the risks. I think that it is important to teach our future leadership how to appropriately use the tools that they will be expected to use in their careers. Owning several business and working in management I have seen a huge disconnect in the skills that my employees posses. When faced with a situation that they did not specifically study they are at a loss as to what to do and how to use the tools available to them.

http://boardbuzz.nsba.org/discussions/archive/session.10172007.edbenefits.php

No comments: